Friday, June 27, 2008

Bon Voyage, Will Leitch!

Deadspin is probably my favorite site on the entire Internet. Its right over there on the top of my blog roll. As anyone who's spent more than 10 seconds online can attest, there's a lot of good stuff out there, so to be someone's favorite site is no small thing. I've been a Deadspin reader for about 2 years, my discovery of the site corresponding roughly with my graduation from college and move across the country. For a fun loving sports fanatic like me, Deadspin is perfect. I still remember the elation I felt when I first discovered my commenting privileges had been turned on. Even though I rarely comment on anything, just the knowledge that I was accepted as part of the commentariat made me ecstatic and remains to this day as a (small) feather in my cap. I might even list the fact on my resume if I ever actually try to get a real job.

Today is the last day at Deadspin for Will Leitch, its founder and editor these three years. I've already left my first comment in months on the site wishing him well, but I felt a little more was needed. So thanks Will, for founding Deadspin, keeping it going, making it awesome, allowing all its spin off blogs to sprout forth and entertain, and generally making both the Internet and the world of sports more enjoyable for us all. Good luck to you wherever your path may lead.

No comments: