Sunday, November 30, 2008

A quick prediction

A quick mid-afternoon College football mini-post. Regarding the Big-12 South drama, to be decided by today's BCS standings: Oklahoma.

They Sooners have jumped the Longhorns in the Coaches poll. They were already ahead in the Harris poll, and the computers are pretty much a wash.

The Sooners will be your Big 12 Champs. They should make short work of Missouri in a game where the over under should be around 168.

The National title game will be the Sooners and the SEC Championship game winner, who I predict will be Florida.

Your 30 seconds of thinking about it probable bowl lineup:

Rose: PSU vs. USC
Fiesta: Texas vs. Utah
Sugar: Alabama vs. Cincinnati
Orange: ACC Champ vs. Boise State
BCS NCG: Florida vs. Oklahoma

I think Oklahoma is definitely a worthy BCS title game team. They can play with, and beat, anyone in the country. But I don't think they should go, since I don't think they should win the Big-12 South. Texas beat them on a neutral field. If the choice is between Texas and Oklahoma then I don't see how Texas cannot be the chioce. However, the choice is (at least nominally) between UT, OK and TTU, and that's what sinks Texas.

My only decision now is to decide my title game rooting interest. Which team do I dislike more: the team I don't think should be there, or the SEC champ. Pretty easy, actually. Though this method has successfully picked the loser the last 2 years. Lots of luck, Stoops.

No comments: