Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Badvertising: Cure Insurance

So I'm winding down the day, enjoying a rare episode of the Simpsons which I have not yet seen. It cuts to commercial, and I see this:



WTF! Did I just see the slacker little brother of the WalMart Smiley Face drop 2 F-Bombs on Network TV?

The other crazy thing about this ad is the implication that discounts for Credit Scores and Education are somehow bad. Since Insurance is all about measuring responsibility and maturity, and Education and Credit Scores are (weak) measures of such maturity, this premise doesn't really hold. Its a little ironic when they then claim to be the official insurance of Rutgers Athletics.

But really, TWO F-Bombs in 10 seconds on Network TV!

Given them this: the ad is effective. It got my attention, so much so that I had to write a post about it, and I don't even own a car. Wait, how does that serve me at all? *&#@K Them!!


UPDATE: I'm not sure why the video won't work. I've tried to fix it but had no luck. Just google "Cure insurance commercial" and the video will come up.

No comments: