Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting Off

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are OFF THE SHNIDE!

That was the theme today, turning things around and getting it going in a positive direction.

My Fantasy Team finally got off its Shnide, getting its first victory of the season (take that Danielle!)

My Bolts finally got off their Shnide, with a sloppy but satisfying 48-29 victory over the Jets.

And I got off a sort of personal Shnide by passing my comp exams. It wasn't that I was on a losing streak or I had failed before, but its great to be done. The whole time I was studying for and waiting for my results it was like a weight was down on me. Frankly it took some of the joy out of life. Being done is liberating more than anything else.

So watch out Oakland, Ryan and whatever the hell I have to do next for school. We're off the Shnide baby! Ain't no stoppin us now!

No comments: