Friday, September 19, 2008

Farewell summer

Autumn is coming. Its been pretty warm here in the city as of late, but today is different. The sun isn't quite so warm. I felt the beginnings of that familiar cool wind blowing in off the River. Not the nice, cool breeze that you love on a hot day, but the cold northern gusts which will burn your skin in the winter months as the world looks dead. Its not at full strength yet but I know its only a matter of time.

Today I wore jeans out of necessity for the first time all summer. It makes me sad to think that the weather is only getting worse from here on. It's something I always took for granted in LA and SD, where the sun shone almost every day and even the cold days weren't so bad. I went years at a time only wearing shorts (except for formal occasions of course).

Better go out and enjoy this while it lasts.

No comments: